Monday, July 16, 2012

Crafting!

Oh gosh! I had big plans today when I woke up...and it all sounded so easy in my head! So I headed out to all of our favorite stores: Office Max, Michael's, and Target! I got all of my colored copying done and bought all different kinds of supplies for the things I want to make for my classroom! Some of these are items I have either been selling or are free on my TPT...I finally got them printed out for myself! 

This just brings a smile to my face! I can't wait to get crafting!
Items in the picture:
-buckets and bookmarks I got from Target
-rainbow colored ribbon from Michael's
-my "We Love..." banner in the front (of course, I am doing 
the fifth grade one, but I sell it in all K-5) - cant wait to add ribbon
to it so that it is super cute and ready for meet-the-teacher day!
-my Leader of the Month display posters (not yet on TPT)
-my Teacher Yearly Binder I can't wait to set up
-7 habits name tags and bookmarks (FREE!!)...which I need to cut out
-and other materials I need in order to complete all of this!

Here is a close up image on those buckets I found in the Target DOLLAR SECTION! 
Woo hoo! 
Those little stars are chalkboard paint!! I plan to use one at each of my groups for their pencils and things. I am going to write their group name on the bucket with chalk!

I was really excited to find these bookmarks in the Target dollar section, as well. Since I teach math, these are going to be really great when we are learning how to measure to 1/8th of an inch! I love how the 16th's of an inch are not labelled on these rulers...sometimes that is really confusing on the first day of measuring to 1/8th of an inch. I can't wait to use these in my class!

This is going to be my FAVORITE part to my crafting this week...painting!! 
I plan to paint inspirational quotes on these canvases (by hand, so we'll see how they work out! Wish me luck!) 
I got this set of 10 canvases from Michael's. It sells for $19 normally, but they had the 15% off for teachers, and then the woman at the counter gave me 25% off because...well, I guess I don't know...she did not really give me a reason! But I am so grateful she scanned that little coupon she had behind the counter because it brought my total down to $18 for those canvases, the paint, and the ribbon! :) That is less than the canvases were supposed to be on their own!

I am always looking for new crafts for my rainbow colored room. 
Any one have any ideas for more crafting I can do!?


10 comments:

  1. Your canvas' are going to look AMAZING when you are done! I can't wait to see them!!! and I LOVE your banner!!! I am jealous

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you got a bunch of great stuff Bridget! Your banner is pretty awesome too! =)

    Ginger Snaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! How cute. However, just looking at all that you have accomplished makes me want to hyperventilate since I'm so far behind!


    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!
    Ginger, maybe I will do another giveaway - you have good luck with those! hahaha
    Randi - Enjoy your summer!!! You will get everything done! And what is great is, kids never care if you got everything done! They love you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I am heading to your store now to get that banner! I'm your newest follower!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Printed out my banner this morning! Can't wait to get it cut out and laminated! =)

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy be you are! I love your bunting flag!

    Thanks for sharing!
    I am your newest follower! I am a new blogger and love connecting with other teachers!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've got a lot of great stuff! :-)
    I'm a new follower!
    Michelle
    nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog is so cute! I'm a new follower from Tales from a 4th (and 5th) grade teacher!

    The Dalton Gang

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, your blog is too cute for words. Love the banner and I'm your newest follower.

    Maria
    Kinder-Craze

    ReplyDelete