Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Let's Get Started!

Well, here I go...my first blog post! Yay! I have gained so many great ideas from different blogs over these past few years of teaching. I can’t wait to share how I have used others’ ideas in my classroom, as well as some of my own ideas! 
Thanks to Alicia, at Dreamlike Magic, for beautifying my blog!
You probably want to know a little bit about me first. My name is Bridget and I am about to start my 3rd year teaching fifth grade. I attended Auburn University (War Eagle!), and was lucky enough to get a job right away teaching the grade that touched my heart, fifth grade! Once my then fiance graduated, we moved to Charleston, SC! I was so excited to move to such a beautiful city and get a job teaching my favorite grade, once again! I got married about one month ago and feel so lucky to be with such a great guy. Last school year was full of wedding planning, which kept my weekends super busy. I am so excited to start this new hobby...blogging! I have to thank my sister, Caitlin (at Kindergarten Smiles), for getting me started! I have used all of her tips and tricks so far. I am still trying to pick her brain for ideas! 
My school is a CD-5th school, and we just adopted the Leadership program! Have any of you read “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” or “The Leader in Me” by Stephen Covey? If so, then you know what the 7 habits are and how we will implement them at our school. I will be sharing a lot of my ideas involving using the 7 Habits in your classroom on this blog, as well as my Teachers Pay Teachers page. I will also be posting Common Core based activities and resources, forms I use for the beginning of the year or with parents, and more! Please click here or on the image to enjoy these FREE posters for your classroom! Even if your school does not use the 7 Habits in your curriculum, your students can still benefit from practicing these habits!

FREEBIE POSTERS!

22 comments:

  1. Welcome Bridget. I am your newest follower. Caitlin send me over from the Top Teachers group in Facebook. I am also a 5th Grade teacher in SC. I teach in Greenville Co. This is my first year teaching 5th (I have taught 4th for 4 years and 3rd one year)....your blog is great and I am sure I will be finding lots of great ideas to use in my classroom. Come check out my blog if you get a chance.

    Patti
    Tales from a 4th (and 5th) Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging. :) You are going to love it :)

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland! You will grow so much here with us :)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much for the warm welcomes!! I can't wait to check out all of your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to blogging! I hope you love it as much as I do!

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to blogging! Your design is super cute.
    ~April
    The Idea Backpack
    ideabackpack@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower. =)

    Emily @ Second Grade Silliness 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to Bloggersville! Glad I found you! I am your newest follower!
    Leah
    Learning 4 Keeps

    ReplyDelete
  9. I randomly stumbled upon your blog and I'm excited to be a new follower. I taught 5th grade, moved down to 1st and now it's back up to 4th! I'm also a new blogger. Feel free to stop over.
    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found you in the Freebie Friday linky party. I used to teach at a Leader in Me school and even though I'm no longer there, I'm always saying "put first things first" and "I'm looking for leaders!" This set turned out so cute! Happy to be your newest follower :)
    Antonia
    {forkin 4th}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to blogland! I'm your newest follower and look forward to learning from you and with you! And, as an Alabama graduate, I have to say it...Roll Tide!

    Farrah
    ThinkShareTeach

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kids are super i like it,I Like to see another post in your blog, Trade Wholesale Printing and club flyers Use ful to me and my friend keep updates Wholesale Printers Articles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome photos ... such an adorable wedding dress. love it.Thanks for sharing all these blogs and phots are very useful to every one

    wedding planning education

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also just started my blog! You are about a week ahead of me. I also got so much inspiration from all the great blogs out there and I wanted to join in on the fun. I need some help beautifying my blog....that is my next step. Good Luck and even though I teach Kindergarten I hope to see you around this blogging world.

    Terri Izatt
    KinderKapers

    ReplyDelete
  15. War Eagle. We are beginning our second year as a Leader in Me school. I love your 7 habits posters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could you email me the posters? Her link is not working now. Dori2001 at yahoo.com

      Delete
  16. Could you please email me the 7 habits posters? Can not find the download. Dori2001 at yahoo dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love to receive these posters via email! Kac0306@gmail.com thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. How can I get a copy of these? I can't seem to find them on your TpT account, along with the 7 Habits Leaders of the month bulletin board display.

    ReplyDelete
  19. War Eagle!!! I am originally from Auburn.
    We are starting our first year as a LIM school. I would love a copy of your posters but cannot seem to find them. Is there any way to get a copy?
    mspriggs@bcbe.org

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have tried several times to get the download for the leader in me posters but they do not come up. Please send them to gail.miller@greenwoodk12.com Thanks so much! They are very cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete