Tonight I am linking up with Lorraine Vasquez over at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies and her "to do list" for these last few weeks of summer! What? Last few weeks of summer!? Holy Hannah!! I am shocked to see those words on my screen! Yikes... I have also been trying to tackle my summer "to do" list. I don't have any kids yet to worry about, but I did get married this summer, go on our honeymoon, attend a friends' wedding, and spend 3 weeks in the NC mountains with family...and there is still so much more left...ahhh!!! This linky party might be freaking my freak, as Ellen would say...
So I have a few separate to do lists... which probably stresses me out even more..
The new house:
1. Check on it just about every other day to make sure they are making good progress with the building (should be done Labor Day weekend!)
2. Buy a refrigerator
3. Buy a lawn mower
4. Clean out my closet before we pack!
5. Buy a hose
6. Buy paint
Things for the classroom:
1. Complete my inspirational quotes on canvases
2. Clean entire room
3. Put everything back where it goes in my room, since they moved it ALL into the hallway to wax the floors :(
4. Think of what I am doing for the kids for "meet the teacher" and make it!
5. Print and cut out more "7 habits notes home" so that I wont have to stress about it during the first few weeks
6. Re-do the welcome packet I used last year with new, updated information
7. Find little jars/buckets (one for each color of the rainbow) that will be placed at each group (to match their group color)
8. Make pom-poms to hang from the ceiling
9. Bulletin boards
10. Decorate door
11. Will I try to tackle that home depot tool box thing that everyone has done such an amazing job on? ...probably won't get to that...
12. Get the first few weeks of lesson plans roughly laid out so I will have less to think about later
13. Birthday flower pot with birthday pixie sticks/pencils that look like flowers
For TPT or blog
1. Keep trying to get better at this blogging thing! I still feel so new!
2. Complete all custom orders and send them to everyone before August
3. Complete the three units I am currently working on!
4. Blog when I have actually completed all of those cute things for my classroom so that everyone can actually see pictures of my room! :)
Events to attend:
1. This weekend at the lake for my mother-in-law's birthday ...no internet there!
2. Wedding in West Point, NY for my husband's best friend at the end of July
3. Aug. 15th...FIRST DAY BACK for teachers! Oh no!
Oh gosh...seriously? What have I been doing with my time!? I need an assistant!!
I didn't even mention all of the TiVo I have to watch!! I got really backed up when I was on vacation in the mountains... So many shows, so little time!
Am I forgetting anything!? What do you all have "to do"?
Link up at Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies!