Not to rub it in...but I have had a 5 day weekend this weekend! It is like a Spring break in January!
I got to meet my brand new niece for the first time!! I am SO in love with her, it is ridiculous!!
I miss her already!
Some of you may have already seen this - it is my favorite of all of my freebies...
Well recently I received a special order for a version of this math alphabet, but for the primary grades. The wonderful teacher who requested this even sent me a list of the words she wanted for each letter!
I love that! :)
Some changes were made in order to make this more beneficial for primary grades:
1. The vowels are in a red border, while the consonants are a blue border (there is a 'y' in both colors)
2. The capital letters on each card are in purple, and the lower case letters are green on all cards.
I have actually been really surprised with how creative people get with this alphabet! I originally created it because I wanted to have some sort of alphabet over my white board...but I am a math-only classroom so I just could not justify having the plain, old letters over the board. My students have really loved having this alphabet over the board because they can refer to it in order to recall certain vocabulary words. They also love to look at the clip art, which is kid-friendly and silly :)
Other amazing teachers have mentioned their ideas to me and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE hearing what you all do with these posters in your classroom!
Here are some of the great ideas I have heard about:
1. Print them to a smaller scale and use them as the letter labels on a math word wall
2. Over the whiteboard as a math alphabet (like me!)
3. Bind into book form and have in your reading corner or at a center
Let me know if you can get creative with these posters in your classroom!
I would love to hear how you use them.
I am super excited about this product because I just love it so much! I have a slight obsession with math...and every teacher loves an alphabet over their white board, right!?
Giveaway Ended and Winners Have Been Chosen :)